Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Try Melon Tri 2010







Sunday Molly participated in her first ever triathlon!!!! It was held in Muscatine, IA at the YMCA and let me say it is a SWEET Y!! Molly and two other girls were a team and they called themselves The Lemurs. Molly had to ride a stationary bike for 7 miles. She had done some practicing but, never fully cycled the 7 miles. They had also been on a waiting list so then they thought they probably wouldn't get to do it. So, when we found out that there had been a cancellation she went into panic mode. Molly said mom I can't do it. They will hate me if we loose. I said they aren't going to like you if you bail on them. One of her friends had to swim 1/2 a mile I believe and her other friend had to run 2.5 miles. I am so proud of Molly for sticking with it and finishing. First she said she would never do that again!! But then when she found out that if they had been a few minutes faster they would have got third instead of fourth. She said oh we so have to do it next year so we can improve!! They did the triathlon in 1 hour and 9 minutes. They were 14 seconds faster then my friends husbands team so they were pretty proud of that!!

No comments: