Well, it has been quite awhile!! I know you all have been sitting on the edge of your chairs just waiting for me to post something. Insert eye roll!!
Well, we survived our first homecoming at the Bailey household!! Talk about making a momma nervous, excited, sad, happy...I went through a lot of emotions that weekend.
Molly had been asked by a boy...UGH!! A senior to boot!! He is a drum major in the band. The funny thing is Molly's friends told me the news...Molly didn't she didn't think it was that big of deal. I'm like were you just going to show up and meet him there or what. So, I had to get the ball rolling and send this young man a friend request to get things figured out. I told her we had to meet him before the dance. She was mortified! But, that is how we roll and I told her that. I let this young man know that we needed to meet him and he was very accommodating. My hubby was impressed that he came over.And, my dog liked him and that is saying a lot because he isn't fond of new people right away!! That was a fun evening. I told her if it was less awkward she could have a couple girls over...well it was Molly and four of her closest friends...poor guy!! The evening went well and then they all went to a movie. I let this young man and Molly know that she could not be in a car with him by herself...because she can't do car dates until she is 16 and even then I will still encourage group dating!!!
The day started with picking up the boutonniere, then on to hair. That took some time since there was 5 of them getting it done. Pictures were going to be at 4:30 but had to move that back to 5:00 hair took a little longer. Then the mad scramble to get ready. I think everyone was a little nervous!! Everyone looked beautiful and handsome!! Was able to meet his parents and sister that night also! A good time was had by all. Will post some pics even though you probably have already seen them on my facebook.
Well, I hope it won't be as long the next time I post.
No comments:
Post a Comment