This year I was able to host Thanksgiving at my house. Which is one thing I am thankful for a home big enough to have many people over. This is the first time I have ever hosted a major holiday which means I was in charge of the turkey. Charlie had wanted to grill it but, he talked himself out of it. His reasoning is he did not want the weight of the meal in his hands if it didn't turn out right. I will have to say we researched cooking a turkey in depth...some of you may laugh at me so go ahead. When it comes to cooking and entertaining I'm a little anal and somewhat of a perfectionist. If I mess up I feel it reflects that on me. I really do love to cook so I enjoyed the challenge. We didn't have as many people as I thought we might. My parents didn't come (they went to Quincy to be with my mom's brother) and Charlie's brother and his wife already had plans. We did have his sister and BIL, his dad and a friend of ours who was going to be by herself. Each person brought a couple of things: like pies, baked sweet potatoes, green bean casserole.
For breakfast that morning I had found two recipes on my new favorite past time...Pinterest! That is a post all in its own!!
So, I made a baked french toast casserole and cinnamon roll cake!! They both were yummy.
For lunch we had stuffing, sweet potatoes with marshmallow's, homemade rolls, veggie tray,cranberry fluff, turkey, ham. I had even made bacon wrapped little smokies with a glaze, but we had soooo much food that I baked those the next day. Everything was very yummy.
The best thing about hosting is ALL the leftovers!!
Call me silly but, I took pictures of my food...the only thing I didn't get a picture of was my turkey and ham... *sighs*
No comments:
Post a Comment