Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Things could get interesting...

It has been awhile since I have filled my blog family in on our life. I have several things I could blog about but, last week I got a letter that changed my mind on what I was going to write about.... I will save my other musings for another post.

Most of you know I am adopted. And, if you didn't you now know!!! I have never really had a desire to find my birth parents. I'm happy well adjusted...for the most part...hahaha.

Well, last week I had a postcard in my mailbox saying I had a certified letter that I needed to come and pick up at the post office. So, the next day I marched myself into the post office with my card in hand to pick up my letter. I figured it had something to do with our life insurance stuff we were working on. Then when I saw it I kind of thought it was a joke or junk mail. I opened it up and still thought it was a joke. Was VERY surprised to find out that is what from an adoption service that helps locate birth relatives and such. I didn't know what to think. I immediately called Charlie then talked to him about it. I also called my sister to see if she had gotten anything. While on the phone with her she googled the agency and it was legit.

To make a long story short my birth mother is trying to find me. She wants to know how I am, If I'm happy, if I'm married, if I have kids, if I have contact with my birth sister. She hopes I have had a happy life in general.

Never in a million years would I have thought I would be pondering this stuff. I have had lots to think and pray about this past week. Like I said things could get interesting!! This will definitely be blog worthy. And will keep you posted. Until next time!!

4 comments:

~Lil Mama~ said...

WOW!!!!! This could be a blog"book" in the making!!! Wonderful, exciting news! I hope your thoughts and prayers are going well, if you need any extras just give a shout out, I KNOW you have plenty of peeps that will be there for you! ((hugss))

Unknown said...

Wow....that would be a surprise! I, too, am adopted...and have never cared about meeting my birth family. A couple times w/ medical issues (after I had kids and realized I can't tell them about medical history), I wondered if it would be 'prudent,' but everything was handled and there wasn't a need.

And just this year, approaching 45, I realized my have-a-tag-along-middle-aged mother could very possibly no longer be alive. I know I have half-siblings, but still don't feel any need to find them. I am confident this was God's plan, and I couldn't have asked for a better family (even including those crazy Bledsoe's you're so familiar with *giggle*).

I'll be interested to hear about this new journey. Unfortunately, I worked with a couple women in Chicago who's fathers found them, and it wasn't a pleasant experience in the long-run. I will be praying for God's wisdom for you in approaching this...and blessings for all, whatever you decide to do. Love ya, gf!

Amy said...

Wow Sherri! Big news. I can only begin to imagine all the emotions/thoughts you are dealing with! I will be praying for you, and for her!

Unknown said...

Wow....that would be a surprise! I, too, am adopted...and have never cared
about meeting my birth family. A couple times w/ medical issues (after I
had kids and realized I can't tell them about medical history), I wondered
if it would be 'prudent,' but everything was handled and there wasn'ta need.

And just this year, approaching 45, I realized my
have-a-tag-along-middle-aged mother could very possibly no longer be alive.
I know I have half-siblings, but still don't feel any need to find them. I
am confident this was God's plan, and I couldn't have asked for a better
family (even including those crazy Bledsoe's you're so familiar with
*giggle*).

I'll be interested to hear about this new journey. Unfortunately, I worked
with a couple women in Chicago who's fathers found them, and it wasn'ta
pleasant experience in the long-run. I will be praying for God's wisdom for
you in approaching this...and blessings for all, whatever you decide to do.
Love ya, gf!