Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Home Ec. Rocks!!!

When I was in High School I took four years of home ec. I think in the very beginning I thought why in the world am I taking this. Now as an adult I'm so glad I did!! I have had so much fun sewing. Granted, I had to reteach myself some things but it is so worth it. I also love to cook!! My speciality is desserts...or so my family tells me. Not sure what possessed me to talk about this but, I was on the phone with my mom today and home ec was brought up. I hope my girl's take it and enjoy it as much as I did.
When I sew it makes me feel accomplished....granted there are times I want to throw my machine out the window. I have to walk away and stop for a bit then I can finish. There are times I can't sleep because I am going over in my head why I can't get the project to work out...I usually can figure it out which makes me feel good. I would like to say that it is a stress reliever but sometimes it is the source of my stress!! Oh well, it won't stop me from trying new things and keep making new things!!
Unfortunately I can't get any pictures to post! Maybe another day. Most of you have seen what I've made, I usually put it on facebook!!

No comments: