Saturday, December 19, 2009

Ari's Birthday

Several weeks ago we celebrated Ari's 7th birthday. We had her favorite food: Roast beef and mashed potatoes and gravy. She had one little girl over for supper and cake. Ari had been wanting a guitar for her birthday so I had a friend who knows guitars keep on the lookout for me. I was excited when he called to let me know he had found one. Well that was her BIG present. She received a few little things. It is tradition to have a muffin for breakfast and open some presents in the morning. We saved the guitar for that evening. After supper we sent her on a scavenger hunt to find it. When she went into our room and saw the guitar laying on the bed she wasn't quite sure what to say or think. She asked is that mine, is that for me? She squealed with delight or more of a scream. I love when my kids are so grateful and appreciate things. It has been so much fun watching her play with it. My same friend who found it for me is going to teach her a few things also. She is such a joy to have. I have loved watching her grow, and learn new things. I have added a slide show of the pictures because, I couldn't just pick a few.

1 comment:

Ted Bailey said...

Very nice story Sherri, Thanks for sharing