Saturday, July 19, 2008

Church Camp 2008

This past week Molly and I went off to faith Bible Camp for a week of fun. Molly went as a camper for the second year and I went as a cook. It was so much fun. The theme for camp was Go For The Gold in honor of the Olympics coming up. Molly's cabin name was The Stars. A day at camp included getting up at 7:00 which Molly can do no problem. Breakfast was at 8:00 which I had to be up at least 6:30 which I do not like to do. Then they had to go back to their cabin if they didn't have to help wash dishes and pick up the cabin. They had a morning singing time and message which was done by Pastor Kirk. After that they had devotion time, followed by an activity such as crafts,archery, ropes course, or games. Lunch was served at noon then they had F.O.B which means flat on bunk. Molly wasn't too thrilled with that the first couple of days. By Wednesday or Thursday she was ready. They had time to swim and go off the blob. Supper was at 5:00. Another highlight for her was getting a package if they got one they had to do a penalty. It made her day. They had a little down time and then they sang some more and had a message. After that their was fun time. That is when they sang crazy songs and did goofy games. Sometimes when it was dark they would play a night game like flashlight tag. over all I think it was a great week. Friday night they had a sharing time where they could stand up and give their testimony or tell something they learned that week. It was really cool. Their were decisions made for Christ which is really awesome. Well I have rambled long enough. Enjoy some pictures.

No comments: